A simple muffin recipe using our Chai Spice for a quick breakfast treat.
Part 2 of this post includes the recipe for Chai Spiced Irish Soda Bread!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp Curry’s Chai Spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Curry’s Chai Sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a 12-count muffin pan with liners.
- Mix flour, Chai Spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Separately cream sugar and butter in a large bowl until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat ricotta cheese and egg.
- Add ricotta-egg mixture to the creamed butter.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients in two additions and mix well. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, almost to the brim. If using, sprinkle the flavored sugar on top to give the muffins a crusty texture and additional Chai Spice flavor.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean and muffins are browned. Remove onto a wire rack and let cool.
Leave a Reply